- Office of the Secretary of the Faculty - Arts, Sciences, and Engineering
As a faculty member, you have the right to take two types of non-academic leave:
- Caregiver Leave, including parental leave for the arrival of a child (birth, adoption, foster care) and family illness leave for the care of a family member’s serious illness or injury.
- Medical Leave for your own serious illness/injury
Depending on the timing of a non-academic leave, faculty members in Arts and Sciences and Engineering are also entitled to:
- tenure-review deferral (for tenure-stream faculty who are not yet tenured)
- teaching relief (for all tenure-stream faculty)
- adjustment of faculty duties (for benefits-eligible, non-tenure-track faculty)
Benefits and policies that relate to non-academic leaves include:
For more information about the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Massachusetts Parental Leave Act, please see Access Tufts.
Tufts University complies with all federal and state leave and sick time regulations.